Client Manager – Melbourne / Sydney
A management consultancy, creatively transforming organisations.
The energetic and innovative management consultancy – Interchange – is currently on the
hunt for a dynamic Client Manager to join their colourful team.
WHAT WE DO
At Interchange, we combine the smarts and rigour of a management consultancy, with the distinctive and inventive talents of a creative collective.
With our experienced consulting team, we delve deep into the inner workings of an organisation, exploring all there is to see of their organisational culture.
Drawing on contemporary theories of organisational psychology, we then co-create bespoke solutions that are sure to ignite long-lasting shifts in mindsets and behaviour.
Our solutions are renowned for being deployed in some of the most immersive and colourful ways, including film, theatre, virtual reality, curated learning environments and more.
WHO WE ARE
To put it frankly, we aren’t your average bunch.
Take everything you know about management consultancies and then simply… throw it out the window (in an environmentally responsible way of course). At Interchange there are no egos, no internal competition, no corporate buildings and certainly no daily suit and tie attire.
We are a small(ish), down-to-earth organisation, but don’t let that fool you. We omit biiig consultancy energy when it comes to creating powerful, positive change. Every single one of our team members share a collective passion for making the world of work a better place – with a creative twist of course.
Although we do work incredibly hard, we take our downtime pretty seriously. You’ll often catch us having a laugh together over lunch (or any time really, just try and stop us). We are also notorious for getting up to some rather unique team antics… think indoor skydiving, sailing, interactive theatre shows, plate smashing etc.
By joining the Interchange team, you will be diving head-first into a world full of creativity and collaboration, alongside a diverse group of talented and inspiring professionals. No matter what you’re bringing to the table, we will undoubtedly value your knowledge, experience and contribution to the projects at hand.
As a Client Manager, you will have responsibility and accountability for generating new business. Along with generating new leads, you will manage existing clients and identify ongoing business opportunities. You will have the energy, commitment and relationship management skills to build the business and exceed our client’s expectations.
- Engage in client development activities, including identifying target markets / businesses, researching clients, sending targeted emails, calling leads (cold & warm), and booking meetings
- Represent the company to new clients
- Establish and maintain client relationships
- Manage existing clients and identify ongoing business opportunities
- Network with existing clients to find potential new clients
- Develop proposal content in conjunction with Interchange colleagues
- Utilise and leverage CRM to maintain current and prospective client information
- Ensure a strong connection between marketing opportunities and business development
- Meet quarterly and yearly targets
WHO YOU ARE
At Interchange, we don’t have any specific vision for what our team should look like. Our diversity is what makes our organisation so successful. But to really hit the ground running in this role, we are looking for someone who:
- Has passion and enthusiasm for business development and account management
- Is driven and target focused
- Has a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates an openness to feedback and willingness to make changes to their work
- Is resilient under the pressures and constraints of tight deadlines
- Can work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Has a strong sense of responsibility and ownership for work
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
You must also be able to demonstrate your capability, understanding and experience in the following:
- Business development – held a role for min 5 years with proven ability of reaching and exceeding set targets
- Selling People & Culture products and services (e.g., culture, leadership, L&D)
- Account management
- Hunting and generating leads
- Making calls, attending meetings, asking questions and active listening
- Communicating, influencing and negotiating at all levels in an organisation
- Proposal development and influencing pre-sales outcomes across the team
- Building rapport and developing strong business relationships
- Developing marketing and sales collateral
- CRM experience (e.g. Pipedrive or similar)
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline highly regarded
HOW TO APPLY
If you are looking for a career change and you have the right experience, with a sense of humor and a positive outlook on life then we want to hear from you.
To apply please email your resume and covering letter to email@example.com or call Rebecca Osmond 0419 411 247 for a confidential discussion.
- We’re open to hearing from candidates that may be seeking a flexible work arrangement
- You must be an Australian Permanent Resident, an Australian Citizen or hold a Valid Working Permit