Client Manager – Melbourne / Sydney
A management consultancy, creatively transforming organisations.
The energetic and innovative management consultancy – Interchange – is currently on the hunt for a kick-ass Client Manager to join our ever-growing team.
At Interchange, we combine the smarts and rigour of a management consultancy, with the distinctive and inventive talents of a creative collective. With our experienced consulting team, we delve deep into the inner workings of our client’s organisation, exploring all their organisational development and cultural needs.
Drawing on contemporary theories of organisational psychology, safety and wellbeing, we then co-create bespoke solutions to shift mindsets and behaviours for the long-term. Our multi award-winning solutions are renowned for being deployed in some of the most immersive and colourful ways, including film, theatre, virtual reality, curated learning environments and more.
By joining the team, you will be working alongside a diverse group of talented and inspiring professionals who will undoubtedly value your knowledge, experience and contribution to the projects at hand.
WHO WE ARE
Well, we’re not your average bunch. We’re here to shake it up and inspire brilliance.
Take everything you know about management consultancies… and then throw it out the window (in an environmentally responsible way, of course). At Interchange there are no egos, no internal competition, no corporate buildings and certainly no daily suit-and-tie attire.
We are a small(ish), down-to-earth organisation, but don’t let that fool you. We omit big consultancy energy when it comes to creating powerful, positive change. And we do it with some of the biggest businesses in Australia and all around the world. Everyone in our team shares a collective passion for making the world of work a better place – with a brilliant creative twist, of course.
Although we work incredibly hard, we take our downtime pretty seriously too. You’ll often catch us having a good laugh over lunch (or any time really) or a loud, Covid-friendly Friday night drink. We are also notorious for getting up to some unique team antics… think indoor skydiving, sailing, interactive theatre shows, and plate smashing.
By joining the Interchange team, you will be diving head-first into a world full of creativity and collaboration, alongside a diverse group of talented and inspiring professionals. No matter what you’re bringing to the table, we will value your knowledge, experience, and contribution.
At Interchange, our values are not posters on a wall. They are part of everything we do and the foundation for all internal and external engagements. Values alignment is our primary criteria for role selection at Interchange so if you’re keen on being a part of the team, we’d like to know more about how you;
Find the magic
Ride the roller coaster
Bring the shits and giggles
Beyond that …… To really hit the ground running in this role, we are looking for someone who:
- Gets shit done
- Is genuinely curious
- Thinks outside the box
- Wants to be part of something awesome and make a difference in business and the community
- Enjoys a laugh and sees the fun side of life
- Maintains calm when under pressure
- Is tech savvy and comfortable learning new systems
- Possesses a willingness to share knowledge and learn from others in an open and collaborative team environment
- Has the ability to go from task to task and maintain focus
As a Client Manager, you will have responsibility and accountability for generating new business. Along with generating new leads, you will manage existing clients and identify ongoing business opportunities. You will have the energy, commitment and relationship management skills to build the business and exceed our client’s expectations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Engage in client development activities, including identifying target markets / businesses, researching clients, sending targeted emails, calling leads (cold & warm), and booking meetings
- Represent the company to new clients
- Establish and maintain client relationships
- Manage existing clients and identify ongoing business opportunities
- Network with existing clients to find potential new clients
- Develop proposal content in conjunction with Interchange colleagues
- Utilise and leverage CRM to maintain current and prospective client information
- Ensure a strong connection between marketing opportunities and business development
- Meet quarterly and yearly targets
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, CAPABILITY & SKILLS
- Business development – held a role for min 5 years with proven ability of reaching and exceeding set targets
- Selling People & Culture products and services (e.g., culture, leadership, L&D)
- Account management
- Hunting and generating leads
- Making calls, attending meetings, asking questions and active listening
- Communicating, influencing and negotiating at all levels in an organisation
- Proposal development and influencing pre-sales outcomes across the team
- Building rapport and developing strong business relationships
- Developing marketing and sales collateral
- CRM experience (e.g. Pipedrive or similar)
NOT MANDATORY BUT WE WOULD BE IMPRESSED IF YOU HAD…
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline highly regarded
- We’re keen to hear from candidates seeking a flexible work arrangement
- Preference for a Melbourne or Sydney based applicant, but open to candidates Australia-wide so long as you’re happy to travel
- You must be an Australian Permanent Resident, an Australian Citizen or hold a Valid Working Permit
HOW TO APPLY
If you are looking for a career change and you have the right experience, with a sense of humour and a positive outlook on life then we want to hear from you.
To apply please email your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Rebecca Osmond 0419 411 247 for a confidential discussion.
Rebecca Osmond | Commercial Director