Head of Organisational Development
A management consultancy, creatively transforming organisations.
Our Purpose: Shake it up and inspire brilliance
The energetic and innovative management consultancy – Interchange – is currently on the hunt for a Head of Organisational Development to join their ever-growing team.
At Interchange, we combine the smarts and rigour of a management consultancy, with the distinctive and inventive talents of a creative collective.
With our experienced consulting team, we delve deep into the inner workings of our client’s organisation, exploring all their organisational development and cultural needs.
Drawing on contemporary theories of organisational psychology, we then co-create bespoke solutions to shift mindsets and behaviours for the long-term.
Our multi award-winning solutions are renowned for being deployed in some of the most immersive and colourful ways, including film, theatre, virtual reality, curated learning environments and more.
By joining the team, you will be working alongside a diverse group of talented and inspiring professionals who will undoubtedly value your knowledge, experience and contribution to the projects at hand.
WHO WE ARE
Well, we’re not your average bunch.
Take everything you know about management consultancies and then… throw it out the window (in an environmentally responsible way, of course). At Interchange there are no egos, no internal competition, no corporate buildings and certainly no daily suit-and-tie attire.
We are a small(ish), down-to-earth organisation, but don’t let that fool you. We omit big consultancy energy when it comes to creating powerful, positive change. And we do it with some of the biggest businesses in Australia and all around the world. Everyone in our team shares a collective passion for making the world of work a better place – with a brilliant creative twist, of course.
Although we work incredibly hard, we take our downtime pretty seriously too. You’ll often catch us having a good laugh over lunch (or any time really) or a loud, Covid-friendly Friday night drink. We are also notorious for getting up to some unique team antics… think indoor skydiving, sailing, interactive theatre shows, and plate smashing.
By joining the Interchange team, you will be diving head-first into a world full of creativity and collaboration, alongside a diverse group of talented and inspiring professionals. No matter what you’re bringing to the table, we will value your knowledge, experience, and contribution.
As our Head of Organisational Development, you will be a key player in helping us grow our business. You will achieve this by supporting our clients to define, design and deliver on their organisational development needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Secure projects through exceptional solution selling
- Define and deliver to client needs through a robust discovery process involving a cross section of their workforce
- Lead and design effective and valuable solutions addressing our client’s organisational development needs including:
- Leadership development
- Learning and development
- Talent acquisition and retention
- Diversity and inclusion
- Values implementation
- Future of work strategies and implementation
- Stakeholder management – establish client expectations and effectively communicate those across the team
- Project management – create structured schedules and project plans based on the project goals, resources required and potential risks
- Budget management – manage projects within set budget, reporting and tracking
- Project execution and governance – track deadlines, deliverables, resources, timelines and P&L for each individual project
- Facilitation – deliver masterful facilitation to create relevant and engaging learning experiences.
- Bachelor or post graduate qualification in an Organisational Development related discipline
- Masters of Organisational Psychology or similar discipline
- Accredited Coach
- Personality & Abilities Assessment accreditation/s
- Change Management qualification – PROCSI
- MBA Qualification
- Extensive experience working with boards and ELTs on multi-year change programs
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, CAPABILITY & SKILLS
- Extensive experience delivering best practice OD/L&D /talent plans and initiatives within large complex organisations and to executive/leadership teams
- Strong human capital related project management skills
- Outstanding verbal communication and presentation skills
- Resilience in dealing with change, ambiguity and challenges
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple concurrent projects or initiatives
- B2B sales experience at C-suite level
- Sound knowledge and experience in design and content development
- Minimum 5 years of consulting experience and in leading OD projects
- Experience in managing all stages of the consulting cycle
- Leadership experience – ability to guide, direct, coach, develop and performance manage teams
- Ability to build effective relationships, manage people, drive change and accomplish challenging goals
- Exceptional professional writing skills
- Strong facilitation experience
- Proven stakeholder management, including ability to work with senior executives and boards of ASX200 companies
- Strong commercial capability evidenced by identification of business opportunities and running projects to budget
- Strong computer literacy and technical competence across PC & Mac
- Ability to connect industry trends and change concepts with specific client challenges
WHO YOU ARE
To really hit the ground running in this role, we are looking for someone who:
- Is genuinely curious
- Thinks outside the box
- Wants to be part of something awesome and make a difference in business and the community
- Enjoys a laugh and sees the fun side of life
- Maintains calm when under pressure
- Is tech savvy and comfortable learning new systems
- Possesses a willingness to share knowledge and learn from others in an open and collaborative team environment
- Has the ability to go from task to task and maintain focus
- You must be an Australian Permanent Resident, an Australian Citizen or hold a Valid Working Permit
- While this is a full-time role, we’re open to hearing from candidates that may be seeking a flexible work arrangement