Manager of Wellbeing & Safety
A management consultancy, creatively transforming organisations.
The energetic and innovative management consultancy – Interchange – is currently on the hunt for a kick-ass Manager of Wellbeing & Safety to join our ever-growing team.
At Interchange, we combine the smarts and rigour of a management consultancy, with the distinctive and inventive talents of a creative collective.
With our experienced consulting team, we delve deep into the inner workings of our client’s organisation, exploring all their organisational development and cultural needs.
Drawing on contemporary theories of organisational psychology, safety and wellbeing, we then co-create bespoke solutions to shift mindsets and behaviours for the long-term.
Our multi award-winning solutions are renowned for being deployed in some of the most immersive and colourful ways, including film, theatre, virtual reality, curated learning environments and more.
By joining the team, you will be working alongside a diverse group of talented and inspiring professionals who will undoubtedly value your knowledge, experience and contribution to the projects at hand.
WHO WE ARE
Well, we’re not your average bunch. We’re here to shake it up and inspire brilliance.
Take everything you know about management consultancies…and then throw it out the window (in an environmentally responsible way, of course). At Interchange there are no egos, no internal competition, no corporate buildings and certainly no daily suit-and-tie attire.
We are a small(ish), down-to-earth organisation, but don’t let that fool you. We omit big consultancy energy when it comes to creating powerful, positive change. And we do it with some of the biggest businesses in Australia and all around the world. Everyone in our team shares a collective passion for making the world of work a better place – with a brilliant creative twist, of course.
Although we work incredibly hard, we take our downtime pretty seriously too. You’ll often catch us having a good laugh over lunch (or any time really) or a loud, Covid-friendly Friday night drink. We are also notorious for getting up to some unique team antics… think indoor skydiving, sailing, interactive theatre shows, and plate smashing.
By joining the Interchange team, you will be diving head-first into a world full of creativity and collaboration, alongside a diverse group of talented and inspiring professionals. No matter what you’re bringing to the table, we will value your knowledge, experience, and contribution.
At Interchange, our values are not posters on a wall. They are part of everything we do and the foundation for all internal and external engagements. Values alignment is our primary criteria for role selection at Interchange so if you’re keen on being a part of the team, we’d like to know more about how you;
Find the magic
Ride the roller coaster
Bring the shits and giggles
Beyond that …… To really hit the ground running in this role, we are looking for someone who:
- Gets shit done
- Is genuinely curious
- Thinks outside the box
- Wants to be part of something awesome and make a difference in business and the community
- Enjoys a laugh and sees the fun side of life
- Maintains calm when under pressure
- Is tech savvy and comfortable learning new systems
- Possesses a willingness to share knowledge and learn from others in an open and collaborative team environment
- Has the ability to go from task to task and maintain focus
The Manager of Wellbeing & Safety is fundamentally an external consulting role. You will be a key player in helping us grow our business. You will achieve this by supporting our clients to define their needs then design and deliver projects to improve the wellbeing and safety of their people.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
You will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients identify and solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consulting and managing projects in the area of wellbeing & safety
- Secure projects through exceptional solution selling
- Define client needs through a robust discovery process involving a cross section of their workforce
- Stakeholder management – establish client expectations and effectively communicate those across the team
- Project management – create structured schedules and project plans based on the project goals, resources required and potential risks
- Budget management – manage projects within set budget, reporting and tracking
- Project execution and governance – track deadlines, deliverables, resources, timelines and P&L for each individual project
- Facilitation – deliver masterful facilitation to create relevant and engaging learning experiences.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, CAPABILITY & SKILLS
- Extensive consulting experience with a focus on HSW risks and opportunities, ideally across a range of industries
- A firm grasp of relevant HSW legislation, standards, metrics and practice tools/models
- B2B sales experience
- Demonstrable experience in relationship management and being part of a high-performance team
- Strong human capital related project management skills
- Outstanding verbal communication and presentation skills
- Resilience in dealing with change, ambiguity and challenges
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple concurrent projects or initiatives
- Sound knowledge and experience in design and content development
- Experience in managing all stages of the consulting cycle
- Ability to build effective relationships, manage people, drive change and accomplish challenging goals
- Exceptional professional writing skills
- Proven stakeholder management, including ability to work with senior executives
- Strong commercial capability, evidenced by identification of business opportunities and running projects to budget
- Strong computer literacy and technical competence across PC & Mac
- Ability to connect industry trends and change concepts with specific client challenges
NOT MANDATORY, BUT WE’D BE IMPRESSED IF YOU HAD…
- Bachelor or post graduate qualification in a HSW or psychology related discipline
- MBA qualification
- Coaching accreditation
- Personality & Abilities Assessment accreditation/s
- Change Management qualification
- We’re keen to hear from candidates seeking a flexible work arrangement
- Preference for a Melbourne or Sydney based applicant, but open to candidates Australia-wide so long as you’re happy to travel
- You must be an Australian Permanent Resident, an Australian Citizen or hold a Valid Working Permit